U 2431-001-55980238-02, import
It is used in the textile and leather industry as a mordant; as a component of anode baths for coating deposition; as a reagent in analytical and organic chemistry; as a component of compositions for cleaning metals; in microscopy as a bleaching agent for slices; as an active additive in whitening creams
Oxalic acid is a colorless crystal. It is obtained by oxidizing ethylene glycol with a mixture of nitric and sulfuric acids in the presence of a vanadium pentoxide catalyst. Oxalic acid and its salts are toxic. Oxalic acid salts and esters are called oxalates.
Belongs to strong organic acids. It has all the chemical properties of carboxylic acids. It is soluble in water and alcohol, insoluble in benzene and chloroform.
International synonyms and names
Ethanediolic acid dihydrate, Oxalic acid, Oxalic acid, Oxalic acid dihydrous, Ethanedionic acid, Ethanedioic acid dihydrate, Oxalic acid dihydrate
Application Oxalic acid
- in household chemicals as one of the main components of cleaning and detergents;
- in the chemical industry in the production of various substances, including the production of dyes and intermediates;
- in textile production as a textile auxiliary substance;
- in the leather industry as a mordant;
- in pharmaceuticals;
- in cosmetics it is used as an active additive in whitening creams for freckles.
Packaging Oxalic acid
Polyethylene bags 25 kg
Used with this product:
- Benzoic acid