Antimony trioxide is a white powder or crystals, insoluble in water.
Melting point: 655 ° C, boiling point: 1456 ° C. In an industrial way, technical antimony trioxide is obtained by the converter technology, which is based on the use of the exothermicity of the oxidation of antimony.
In the process of sublimation, antimony trioxide is captured in bag filters and sent for control screening. Synonyms and international names: antimony oxide.
- It is used as a pigment for paints, dressing in the textile industry.
It is also used as a catalyst in the production of PET (polyethylene terephthalate), as a flocculant in the production of titanium dioxide and paints.
- It is widely used as a fire retardant for plastics such as PVC, polypropylene, polyethylene, polystyrene, polyurethane, various styrene plastics, has a high anti-flaming coefficient, has little effect on the mechanical characteristics of the base material.
- It is used in the production of fire-fighting overalls and gloves, outer casing of fire-retardant electrical equipment, fire-retardant wagon, fire-retardant wires and cables, etc.
- In the rubber industry it is used as a filler and fire retardant for rubber goods.
- In the electrical industry, it is used for the production of non-magnetic porcelain.
- In the glass industry it is used as a clarifying agent instead of arsenic.
- It is used as a synergist in a mixture with halogen-containing flame retardants, forming antimony halides and xyhalides, which, when ignited, turn into a gaseous state and dilute combustible gases.
Packing: bags of 25 kg Storage